We all want our bathrooms kept clean and tidy. Bathroom is the place where we ourselves clean our body by a variety of means. For example taking a bath, having our teeth brushed are all forms of cleaning. Even making use of the toilet is a kind of cleaning our body or getting rid of body waste. And hence bathroom is a place where harmful microbes and germs thrive. Lack of proper cleaning can lead to unpleasant odours and unclean surroundings inside the bathroom. Here are certain tips offered by Flats in Guruvayur blog that might help you keep your bathroom clean and tidy with a refreshing smell.
- Clean your bathroom atleast once in two days – This is the conventional, tested and tried method for centuries to keep your bathroom clean, odour free. And of course this takes time and effort. But the results are always rewarding. Make use of an antiseptic while you clean your bathroom. Wear an old shoe while cleaning. This is because cleaning solutions, dirt etc can cause inflammation on the skin for some people.
- Make use of lemon – Slice a lemon in to two and keep it in a corner. Lemons absorb the bad odours and bring in a refreshing smell inside the bathroom.
- Install exhaust fans – if your bathroom is big and spacious, it would be a good idea to install an exhaust fan. Exhaust fan sucks in the air inside the bathroom and flushes it out to the external environment dispelling bad odours.
- Use baking soda – Get 5 teaspoon full of baking soda in a small container and store it in a convenient location inside the bathroom. Baking soda is another effective agent that absorbs unpleasant smells from the surroundings.
- Get rid of wet clothes – Wet clothes can bring in an unpleasant smell inside the bathroom if kept for long.
- Keep air fresheners if necessary – Air fresheners are available in a variety of forms and shapes. Keep one in your bathroom too.
Visit our Flats in Guruvayur blog for matters related to nature friendly living, green home concepts etc.